I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And speaking of Cthulhu

The good people over at Eldersigns Press are having a Haiku for Cthulhu contest.

Here are some entries I've submitted:

a million years dead
stars realigned in orbits
meaningless time wakes

in the deep midnight
gibbering insanity
solace too little

Yawning chaos spawn
Scamper amid the mindscape
Corrode wakeful dreams

Ah, some light lunch time diversions. YMMV

2 comments:

sheila, who is not lurking today, said...

The haiku poems you wrote are way cool!

I meant to comment earlier, but I got lost on Google, looking up the meaning of "Cthulhu," and I didn't find my way back for a while. The images on the web are fantastic and funny, from Cthulhu parodies of motivational posters to a "despair" parody of the Obama "Hope" poster.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, Sheila. So, did you run across little Cthulhu?