I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, August 16, 2010

Micro Submission Call

Jeff VanderMeer is having an open call for micro submissions to his latest Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities. One hundred to one hundred and fifty words. Hmmm. Open till Sept 7th. Enter by commenting on the thread.

Hmm. Melville's Scrimshaw, Witch Bone, Turtle Shell of a 8 Legged Species, Hecate's Apple, Coin from the Eyes of Washington's Corpse... Yeah. I think I might have something. Just not the ever famous Splinter of the True Cross. Never that.

2 comments:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

Thanks! I've thrown in an appropriate entry -- naturally it came in at 149 words. (grin)

Dr. Phil

Steve Buchheit said...

Dr. Phil, that's why I pass the opportunities on. And yeah, I hope to keep mine below 150. It'll be an interesting exercise for me.