I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, August 30, 2010

Story Bone

Nobody talks about the long suppressed Fourth Law of Thermodynamics. The one that exempts dragons from the first three. The dragons, of course, have long known about their speciality.

2 comments:

Ken McConnell said...

Just a thought, has anyone taken one of your "bones" and written a story with the idea? Talk about a great anthology concept. Maybe some day, eh?

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Ken, I don't know. One time a commentor did a little thing and posted it as a comment. And the Bones, per "Da Rules" are free for anybody to write a story about them. They're really small enough that if you develop them into a story, I doubt it would be the same as anybody else.

And I know I probably won't be able to write a story using all the ideas I get, so they might as well be freed.