I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Submissions

Rewrote the opener on A History of Lightning to get to the weird faster. Chopped out 300 words of world building that would work well in a novel, don't need to be in a short story (one of the lessons I learned finishing a novel - contrary to the average advice, I've learned how to write novels by writing short stories, and I've learned more about short story writing by writing a novel). And then submitted it to Tor.com. Good luck, little story.

Daddy's Little Girl is off to Strange Horizons.

Prince Wanted is off to Flash Me for their SF/F/H special issue this fall.

"Rag-a-Bag" is off to Asimovs.

Well, that's a full day of submitting. Maybe one more later on. Maybe. We'll see how the rewrites go.

Edit At a little after 11pm I got Shadows Over Raas Xaafuun mostly edited and off to High Seas Cthulhu 2. It's probably the story in the earliest phases of writing that I've sent out, but I wanted to get it in before the antho closes. I don't think I'll be getting the Steampunk Cthulhu done in time (and yes, it also take place on the Seas).

2 comments:

vince said...

Wow, that's a lot of submissions going out. Best of luck!

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, Vince. And I just got another one in.