I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Two Quick Writing/Book Linkee-poo

Tobias Buckell posts on chapter structures. I now understand the whole "leave the chapter on a cliffhanger" idea a lot more. I do that intentionally in some chapters, but I have a feeling that there are chapters that I've finished up some of the threads, and made a dull transition. As I rewrite I'll need to check that. On my first write, I did approach the chapters as distinct short pieces. It was a away of breaking up the novel into a smaller, more easily digestible pieces.

Some blogs give away books. Elder Signs Press is giving away a Kindle. Sure, you could friend things like "I like Hearts" or whatever on FB. But they're not going to give you a chance at a Kindle.

No comments: