I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two tu-es walk into a bar.

Sometimes writing is a matter of carving out the time, and sometimes it's a matter of just getting the damn words out of our heads and onto paper or into a file. Here's a little book that might help called, Making Ideas Happen. I haven't read this book, so I can't recommend it, but I know that I certainly fall into the write up about it.

Okay, now this is funny. Seems that some people, especially those who shout about how they want a Constitutional government, are now sponsoring readings of the Constitution. Understand, I fully endorse this action. Heck, they might want to also invite Constitutional Scholars to speak on it. I hear the President is pretty good at it, being a Constitional Scholar himself and having taught Constitional Law at the graduate level for a prestigious law school. So, since they're reading it as "originally written," I wonder if they'll actually include all the amendments in their reading, or just the original document. I also wonder how many people will be shocked that our Founding Fathers didn't think Senators should be elected directly by the people? Doesn't seem very democratic, does it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard different things regarding O's "professorship" - one that he was a full professor and the other that he was merely a guest lecturer. Do you know what he was - and have a source?

Either way, I'm still mystified at his interpretation of the Constitution. He's not alone is how he understands it, but neither am I. The whole "more perfect" phrase was well-coined, don't you think?

Anonymous Cassie

Steve Buchheit said...

Cassie, we'll that second link goes to a FackCheck article from the primaries when Hillary was challenging him on the statements.

As far as I can see, except for the unitary presidency crap (inherited from the previous administration, still damn upset he hasn't laid down those "emergency powers"), he's following how the Constitution has been interpreted since the early 60s.

Sometimes commentator Eric had an interesting post a while back on how the Constitution and it's application and interpretation has changed over the past 200+ years (wish I could find it).