I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday not doing what I should be

This weekend is not going as planned. Not that it's all bad, but just not going in the right direction. And that it's setting up about two weeks of contention isn't good as well. Especially since next weekend is World Fantasy.

First up was a client bringing some extra freelance work. About 14 hours of freelance. Sigh. So didn't have any time to read for the writers group, so not going this afternoon. Which sucks. But 14 hours of billable is good. I guess.

On the positive side, we got toys this weekend.

Twenty-four inches of snow throwing madness. (insert manly grunting here)

And because this fall we're really time strapped, I also got this.

Set it up and used it yesterday. Have to rethink how I clear my yard, but oh yeah.

Finally, just because it's fall, have a wooly bear.


5 comments:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

Ah, a dark one. Hard winter ahead.

Dr. Phil

sheila, who is not lurking today, said...

Oooh! Toys! Toys that will save you from hurting your back this fall and winter. I'm all for that!

Ah, wooly bears. I've been dodging them as they cross the roads near the barn. Am I the only one who does that?

Anonymous said...

That's not a larger than average stripe on that wooly bear, is it? So not a very hard winter to come, eh?

It all depends on who you believe - Dr. Phil or me.

Anonymous Cassie

Steve Buchheit said...

Dr. Phil, actually that one had the widest brown stripe I've seen so far. But then, wooly bears molt and their brown stripes expand as the season wears on.

Sheila, no, I try and not run them other either. And it'll also hopefully save time this year. On Sat I swept the lawn in about half the time it takes Bette and I to do it.

Cassie, well, I trust Dick Goddard on it, but I missed his prediction this year (from the Wooly Bear Festival).

Steve Buchheit said...

Finally located a report http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/09/27/photos-video-woolly-bear-predicts-record-cold-at-2010-festival/
Colder than normal, but about as snowy as normal. Just what the Farmer's Alamanc predicted (although we're on the line with More or Normal snow).