I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Linkee-poo keeps digging out

Still working. Well, mostly studying. I feel more prepared for this test now. So for right now, a short linkee-poo.

J. A. Pitts on doing the hard work (fitness and writing). So very true, if all you get is 15 words/reps, that's 15 more than you had yesterday. So get them down. This is a lesson I'm relearning. After trying in vain to find bigger blocks of time, I'm settling for smaller blocks. And trying to get as much as I can.

Thanks, Tea Party, for getting these kinds of people elected. Really, Rep. Buerkle didn't know that she only pays a (small) portion of her health care and the rest of us tax payers pick up the rest? Really? And lets not forget Andy Harris who wondered why his government provided health care didn't start immediately and why he couldn't buy into it, you know, after running a campaign based on fighting that exact same thing. I'm continually reminded of GHW Bush being wowed by check-out scanners when the rest of us had been dealing with them for years. I now have a new group of people, other than those you couples on HGTV who are buying their first house for $500k, that I wonder, just what they do that they don't know these things or can afford these houses. Really.

edited to add these late comers

This is just one of the reasons I feel the Right-to-Life movement is morally bankrupt. The RtL isn't about what you think it's about. This law would have changed the outcome of this story to be both the mother and the fetus would have died, instead of the rift within the Catholic Church. In this day and age, I really have a hard time believing we're still arguing this.

Hey, I like Apple, and have been debating an iPad since last fall, but this idea is ridiculous. I'm all for tech, but it's not there for replacing text books. See, not everybody learns the same way, but we've increased on modality (lecture/oral) over all others (like kinetics). And now we'll reduce the successful student to even a smaller subset. It's the equivalent of chasing a shrinking demographic. We should, instead, be expanding educational modalities to increase the pool of successful students.

No comments: