There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, March 14, 2011

Going out to the country, trying to get away

Went from here


To here


Finally to here


You know, for there being this economic downturn, the airports were awfully busy and both my flights were 100% booked. Joy. And the person sitting next to me on the flight to Tallahassee kept sneezing. Yeah. It's been a fun day. And I had forgotten how different navigating in the South is as compared to the North. Weird city layout. Hello land use planning. I guess it's too late anyway.

So here I be, working my tail feathers to the nubs. What, you thought I was on a real Spring Break. Har! I'm working at a vendor's office this week to do team building (which, after 5 years of management consulting I could do over the phone) and work "that just couldn't be done long distance" (not that I agree, but here I am anyway).

You gotta do what you gotta do.

On the way down I brought David Sidaris' "Squirrel Seeks Chipmonk." Hilarious. Don't let the sweet cover fool you, these are not stories for kids. Just the cussing rules it out. Unfortunately I had forgotten just how fast I can read when I'm not distracted by shiny things or cats that just absolutely have to have attention paid to them or they will kill us in our sleep. I read the book twice. It's the only hard copy book I brought with me (although I have plenty on the Touch, I didn't want to look pretentious). Good news for me, though, is while searching for a grocery (have you seen the insanely small sizes of the waters in hotel vending machines?) I also found a Books-a-Million. So I might be going home with my own souvenir.

Blogging may be sporadic this week.

1 comment:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

We had the joy of listening to David Sedaris read some of these stories when he was still finishing them the other year. Just delightful.

Dr. Phil