I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Linkee-poo curses Sir Walter Raleigh for being a stupid git

I see that with some of the links from other sites in the past two weeks have increase the traffic numbers on the blog. And I'm also glad to see that some of you have decided to stick around.

Welcome, to all the new people. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the content. Wish I could be a more attentive host, but things are very busy in the real world at the moment, so a lot of what I've got are linkee-poos.

I'm way behind in my reading, so I don't have much to share. I really am trying to wean myself off the politics (not that I won't follow it, but that I won't inflict it upon you as my only set of links).

Since I've been thinking about the Other, here's a post on the hard and soft SF. It's an interesting look at where sex fits within the genre, and the perceptions of sex. Frankly, as a human, I prefer the "body-to-body" type and will take that over the "body-to-computer interface" every single time. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

And thinking of Jay, he adds some to the cancer journey. I have lots of conflicting emotions about this. For myself, I think I would fight as heroically as I could until I knew there were no other option of than throw drug darts at the wall to see if any worked. However, my family has a long history with cancer. And some people just don't have it in them. I don't mean that to be a knock or mean comment. It's just a reality. I think if I were hit with a major disease at this moment I would have difficulty mustering the strength needed to rage against the failing light. Not everybody is our "cultural ideal," and we need to recognize that they have their own struggle that's every bit as courageous and difficult. Fuck cancer.

Jim Hines takes his electronic experiment into the meat space. If you want, you can now get the hard copy and have lulu print it up for you. I know Jim has given some progress reports, but I don't think his experiment has ended (his time schedule) to see the finals. It'll be interesting.

And can we get some congressman who are smarter than we are for a change? 'Cause I'm getting very tired of having those who don't know where the countries are that we are bombing. But I'll give Rep. Tom Marino the benefit of the doubt and say that his error is in thinking that Africa is a country instead of a very large continent.

No comments: