I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, March 28, 2011

Today's WTF moment

So, I just realized this afternoon that registration for summer session was open today. The next classes I need to take are Micro or a Speech class. Since Micro is some serious amount of info, I don't think summer would be a good option. Instead I signed up for Interpersonal Communications. Online. I'm taking Interpersonal Communications as an online course.

When I worked at E&Y I had a partner suggest we make the team building exercises a part of the pre-read.

Same mental "WTF?" reaction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Join Toastmasters. At least you can practice talking to other people.

[shaking my head at the world today]

Anonymous Cassie

PS - I once had a neighbor who ran an online physical fitness class at a college. Things have gone too far.

Steve Buchheit said...

Cassie, well I tried to have my life experience count here to satisfy the course requirement. And for a department built on human communications, they simply ignored my voice mail (because I could never get them on the phone).

For the physical fitness, I think you can set up the Wii to do that. Other than that, I don't know how you would handle that except to get a paper trail from the gym or where ever you're doing the workout (for my undergrad, one of my physical fitness classes was bowling, so I could see submitting receipts and score cards). But then I'm not sure how much that would be different than getting credit for life experiences.