I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger went BLIP!

With the recent Blogger outage, it looks like it ate about two days of my posts with it. Hopefully they'll be restored. Unfortunately I don't backup my blog posts. They're true ephemera. I know there was a photo post, with flower images. Sheila and Dan responded, and I was going to comment back last night with it all went "sprung!" I have the photos still, I think. And I might put those back up soon. I'll give them the weekend to see how they do.

Kinda makes you wonder if the ChromeBook is such a good idea, you know. Sure, one person can have their computer turn into instant boat anchor and lose all their stuff unless they have it backed up. But with netbooks (true, slim-client netbooks), one blip and Everybody loses their stuff. Not a good prospect. But then I'm a neo-luddite. I distrust network data.

And I have real life experiences to back that prejudice up.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Call me a Luddite but I like (a)owning my own car and not making any more payments for a few years and (b)keeping my own data in my own computer.

Fabutronic Sheila said...

I followed your link to the YouTube video this morning, the one where the young lady seranaded Stephen Fry, before some of your posts went Bobby Shafto. We loved it, and I was still laughing about it when I got to the office.

For those of you who missed it, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGYEMXoVHUs

Steve Buchheit said...

Dan, you and me both.

Sheila, thanks for the relink.