I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, May 27, 2011

Linkee-poo double dips before a long weekend

Just some things I saw that I didn't want sitting until next Tuesday. If I'm not online, have a great weekend, everybody. Go hug a veteran.

Well, I guess we really don't need that Ohio Consumer Counsel after all. I mean, when the PUCO is going to rubber stamp the original plan that First Energy came up with, why do we need to protect consumers? Notice that the "your bill will go up to offset the money we'll lose by not generating or transmitting as much energy, because we have to protect the total amount of our profits" clause is buried way down there. So, basically, it's the same plan that was roundly thumped last year with one difference. You don't have to get the CFL bulbs First Energy was going to send to you automatically. But you're still going to pay the same amount as if they did. That's reasonable, isn't it?

The other shoe drops on corporate financing of elections. I say we now do it like NASCAR. The candidates should wear jumpers with the logos of all their sponsors on them. Then, of course, we can't just let everybody do it, can we. I think what they're really afraid of with the Colbert PAC is his only somewhat veiled threat to be an agent of chaos (not KAOS) in the coming election.

No comments: