I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, July 9, 2011

AI Durandal, I presume.

I did spend most of the day working outside and scrubbing the bathrooms. But I've also rediscovered another time sink. See, I don't usually have many games on my computers. It's not that I'm bad at them, quite the opposite (ask my nephews). It's just I know how much time they soak up, and I don't have that kind of time. Angry Birds is about all I've had for years.

Until John tells me that Bungie has approved a Marathon app for iPad. And it's free.

For those of you that don't know, Marathon was a first person shoot way beyond it's time (and it was only on the Mac). It wasn't only ahead of it's time in game play, smoothness of action, but it had a compelling story line that drew all the scenarios together.

And I wasted months on this game back when it came out.

Now, it's not like modern first person shooters, and its graphics seem a little dated, but I found myself wasting a few hours today with it. I also played Doom, the comparative game at the time. IMHO, Marathon blew Doom out of the water.

Thanks, John.

Durandal, we meet again. This time, I will kill you. You bastard.

No comments: