I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Linkee-poo tries to catch its breath

How others see us (SF/F people), future fires on a graphic design blog. "Fahrenheit 451, the book by Ray Bradbury and film by Francois Truffaut… is the most prescient sci-fi work ever written and produced." Only if you only read that book. Don't' get me wrong, I love me some Ray Bradbury and especially F451. But it wasn't about the future. It was about what was and still is happening, a present-day dark-satire set in a future world. Although with Ohio SB5 and the nation-wide assault on education, I predict the "College Professor Hobos" who memorize texts will come to fruition before the mechanical hound than sniffs out your DNA signature does.

Mark Lawrence on the Clarion Blog about writing because you love to write. It sure as hell balances out all the crap if you love writing.

I've always had a love for illuminated manuscripts. So, when an art student chooses his final project to make an illuminate Silmarillion, all I can say is, "F'ing Yes! Rock on, dude." (click through to the interview for even more goodieness) (Grokked from matociquala)

Looks like we've caught up to China in exports of solar power tech. At least numerically. Yeah, good thing we didn't start this whole "green tech" initiative sooner. I mean, who knows, it could have been China catching up to us this year. And that would have been bad. (yes, those last two were irony, I thought your diet was getting a little thin on the irony side).

No comments: