I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Here's my sign

So I was on my cell phone, calling in information, had to give a phone number to contact me during the day so I gave my cell number. Then, being conscientious about it, I looked around to make sure I had my cell phone with me today to get any call backs. Sometimes it's in my pocket, sometimes in my bookbag. And sometimes I forget it in the car (or on the charging stand at home). Which is why I wanted to make sure I knew where it was at. I normally take it out and lay it on my desk in case I need to answer it during work.

I became panicky when I didn't see it on the desk.

It took me a few minutes to remember I was using the damn thing which was why I couldn't see it anywhere.

 The mind. It's a terrible thing to lose.

2 comments:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

Wait til you use your Bluetooth earpiece and can't find the phone...

Damn phones are too slippery.

Dr. Phil

Steve Buchheit said...

Dr. Phil, I think it would be the same emotion I had there for a second. "Wait, were's my phone? It was right on my desk a second ago. Please hold while I look for me phone."

Sigh.