I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, September 23, 2011

Linkee-poo works all day and runs all night

With all the craziness this week, I'm still working through my reading list. But here's what I've got so far.

Scalzi on the sending authors cool ideas issue. You may know what I think about story ideas. I give them away for free. It's why the blog is named Story Bones.

Free stories form Ken McConnell. Or, there will be free stories. Soon. Ish. (taps fingers on desktop)

Things Apple is worth more than tumblr. (Pointed to by John)

Three hundred giant Pacific octopus hatchings. Ahhhh, Cthulhu's are so cute when they're young. (Grokked from Camille Alexa)

Since it's somewhat SFish, electronics damaging missles.

The 10 signs God is furious with the right. The christian conservatives have their convenient nonsensical excuses. Now two can play that game. (Grokked from Vince)

One of the reasons I don't do automatic bill payments. 'If this is how they treat me when things are perfect (cancelled coverage because Anthem no longer will automatically bill credit cards, and didn't tell anybody), when I file no claims, how are they going to treat me if I ever have a serious medical problem?' Kreuzhage asked." I have Anthem, and I'm a shareholder of Wellpoint, and I can answer that question… (Grokked from Jay Lake)

There's always someone who ruins it for everybody. No more last meal requests for those on death row in Texas.

Fact checking the last republican "debate." Now that's job security. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

No comments: