I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Progress

Last night I stayed up way to late to rewrite a chapter. Wrote cold, without a fire in the belly. You have to be able to do that. I was just tired of not progressing. So I'll stay up and stare at the screen until I get over my case of the "don't wannas" and I do the work.

For writing cold, I didn't do too bad. And as I was trying to fall asleep, I thought of an extra part I needed to add to the chapter. Also had to start a conversation in a different place, but end up with the original resolution. It's not as easy as it sounds, but I accomplished it.

Take that gremlins!

Also have three new notecards for PRI. One character card, one card in Act I and one in Act III. I figured out an in-between chapter and where our love interests find each other in hell's waiting room (I need to work on that one, there's a lot of comic potential, but it also has a very great chance that humor will fall flat).

I want to go through that chapter again before I post a final update (deleted about 300 words, added about 600, possibly will have similar results with a second run through). One of the critiques was my protag wasn't protaging enough. I think I know how to solve that now. Went 50% last night, will go the other 40% when I get to do the next run through.

Last night was like pulling teeth. But you know what's good about pulling teeth? It needs to be done, and you feel better in the long run. I just need to do it more often.

No comments: