There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Linkee-poo goes over the river and through the wood

There are many things to be thankful for this year. I still have a full-time job, I've been getting good grades, my tenure on council is ending (and yes, I am thankful), great friends who offered me the opportunity to finish up my novel, great friends in general, retention of sanity, the opportunities I've had, etc. That doesn't mean it's been an easy year. All those things I'm thankful for are salted and textured by those things that have gone wrong (ie. things I would have been thankful to have done without).

So, while I slice up the bird, and stuff my face with yams and pie (mmmm, pie), and toast the day with tomato juice (a family tradition), I will also be remembering those things that haven't been so fine.

Because life contains both. And this day, more than a celebration of Thankfulness, is a celebration of life. We're alive, and for that grace, we are thankful.

I'm thankful for you, those people who take the time to read my mind droppings. So part of that toast of clamato or V8, or some other cocktail, I will be wishing that in the coming year may our tears be few and our laugher stronger.

Here there be dragons. A Macy's Parade Balloon from before commercial character balloons. Also, I remember a time when the Macy's Parade didn't stop to do commercials for broadway musicals. Yeah. I'm an old man.

Fourteen real-life ways people "killed" vampires. (Grokked from Tor.com)

Want to know what makes a mid-list writer get his squee on? This. Librmancer (The Revenge of Smudge). (Congrats, Jim)

Tweet of my heart:
@Nnedi: "Instead of complaining that the rose bush is full of thorns, be happy the thorn bush has roses." ~Proverb

No comments: