I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Linkee-poo has got nothing

Okay, I'm running out of quick content (because of schedules). So a shorty for today. Expect the scales to balance sometime soon. I am so far behind in my reading.

Ken McConnell talks about his self-publishing track. This is offered in contrast to yesterday's link. I've know Ken for, what, several years now. It was actually his experience and attitude that turned me around on self-publishing. It's not my path for now, but I do consider it a legitimate path, thanks to Ken.

If you're NaNoWriMo-ing, you're probably right at the point that Chuck Wendig is talking about (note, NSFW titles). It's natural. Everybody gets there. Hell, even Neil Gaiman has that point. Work through it. When in doubt, just say, "fuck 'em."

The conservatives sure don't like it when the CBO and other non-partisan organizations demonstrate how their theories just won't work in reality. Like, how repealing Obamacare would cost us much more in the long run. So, what's a conservative to do? Well, shoot the messenger of course. That's what they've been doing for years. I don't expect them to change. (Pointed to by Dan)

About the JoePa thing? Other than ranting and getting rabid spittle all over these here internets, John Scalzi nails it. With one other comment, I don't' know about the laws of PA, but if this happened in Ohio, Paterno, as an educator (and school coaches are "educators"), he would have been required by penalty of law to notify Child Protective Services at the very least. Hey, great, he told his boss. Who did nothing. WTF, why didn't he then go to the police? Okay, I better stop now before I start with the spittling thing.

The story of broke. Deconstructing the myth of the country being "broke." (Grokked from Jay Lake)

No comments: