I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Linkee-poo's brain hurts

Not much today, working my behind off. Last night got a 18 out of 20 (possible 22 points). My brain just froze up on some questions. And in the pre-test studying the words just bounced off the grey cells and refused to be implanted. I think I need a vacation.

*cough* internet archive of some early Astounding Stories *cough* (You know who this is grokked from)

John Scalzi's list of "name of my next band" Compiled by @johnhornor. (Grokked from John Scalzi)

"When I said that I thought it was criminal and Un-American to register the poor to vote, I really didn't mean it. Except that I really meant it." Ah, the non-apology apology gets taken to new heights of silliness. Dear Matt Vadum, it wasn't the words you used, it was your despicable and elitist slimeball philosophy that was objectionable. Not to mention you're an ignorant ass. Or you might want to go with being a tool, but I don't think you're that cynical. I personally don't think you have the intellectual power to be that cynical.

Photos of OWS from across the country. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

And more fuel for the fires. That's an article on how the richest of us also get the biggest slice of government "welfare" (ie. social safety net, farm subsidies, tax shelters, etc). (Grokked from Jay Lake)

No comments: