I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Feeling Grownup

After a bad day, came home to make reservations for vacation. This is the first "vacation" (ie. not having to do something important and actually going someplace else) I've taken since Viable Paradise (what, 3 years ago now). And while I enjoyed that, and would do it again, it wasn't much of a vacation (not to mention being totally blown from lack of sleep heading up to it). Before that it would have been when we went to Gettysburg (9 years ago).

Hi. My name is Steve. I'm a recovering workaholic. It's been nine years since my last vacation…

And the good news is that by booking tonight, I saved about $300 than booking on Saturday when I did a rough run through. And in total I'm saving about $500 over my rough guestimate. So feeling better.

Now to do the "hey, I'm in your area" thing.

And go to bed. Tomorrow work starts early and there will be more fireworks tomorrow. I can't say much, but I can tell you Steve is a nervous little boy, dubious of certain changes "being for the better" ("No, Charlie Brown, I'll hold the ball still this time"), and watching the working life getting being turned over like a bucket of crabs.

No comments: