I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Long Day

Sorry folks. It's been a long day for Steve. It started with an early trip to the airport, followed by doing some home improvement as a surprise for my wife (she doesn't read blogs, so her finding out from here isn't an issue). The surprise has two distinct parts that are related, but could be separated. I finished the one today (or mostly finished, I've got two small to complete tomorrow. I was thinking about doing the second part tomorrow, but given how badly my knees feel and how wiped out I am, I don't think it's going to happen I'll hurt my knees a little tomorrow, finishing up, but if I do the second part, I have a feeling they'll be bleeding by the end of the day. Plus, I'd like to have most of a day off. That would be the first day in four weeks (yes, I did a lot of Memorial Day). Anyway, I didn't even eat dinner until 9:30. I can't do that tomorrow.

But that's what I did, and it took all day. So I couldn't play on the intertubies today. Sorry about that.

As an FYI, I wrote some extra post this week and have them scheduled for today and tomorrow. Just in case you're wondering on how I could be away, but still post.

No comments: