I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, July 20, 2012

Linkee-poo transmits the message to the receiver hopes for a answer some day

Cat Rambo on fear and writing. Which comes across the transom at a moment of high synchronicity. I've been trying to identify why I'm not working harder on the WIP. There's a lot going on right at the moment, that's true. There's enough pilled on crap to totally sap all extra energy (see last night's post for an example). But I'm not getting the words down like I should be. I've even started outlining another novel (and that's going faster). And this morning I think I have the answer. I know this book will piss people off (including, possibly, my Mom). I know I'll be going out on a thin limb with it. I'm not sure anybody will really want to publish it. So I'm scared. The little boy inside of me that wants to please everybody and make them laugh is shaking in fear. Fear isn't enough of a reason to not write it. I know that in my head. Now if only the heart will listen.

That New Yorkers article on Fairy Tales all the cool kids are pointing to. (Grokked from Tor.com)

Here's another side to branding. I think I've said it here before, branding is not a logo, or in the case of writers their name or the book's name. Branding is the emotion the intended target feels toward your product, often embodied by what they feel when they see your logo (or name). In this case, Apple groks it. Even the box and packing the product comes in is a part of your brand. For writers, it's the clothes you show up in, your blog, all your social interactions, how you behave around readers and fans. (Pointed to by John)

Having once been the topic of geek jokes (I think it was even on the Big Bang Theory), and now a reality, the Kissenger, long distance kissing device. (Grokked from Stewart Sternberg)

A nano particle eliminates Hep C in petri dish. We are living in the future. What dreams will our children have? (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Ground Zero, Population 5. Six if you count the camera man. (Pointed to by John)

Jim Wright lays it out as clear as day. These "seeing commies/muslims behind every bush" legislators need to put up or be shut down. Thanks, Jim. I guess I need to write a few letters this weekend.

And the crazy train just keeps rolling. Just like with Obamacare, when Republicans are given the Welfare Waivers they wanted (including then Governor Romney), they whine and bitch about it.And when your numbers don't add up, just make shit up and complain about it. But then, the conservatives are just going to make shit up anyway. If I was cynical I would say they're doing that because they know they can't win telling the truth, if they could even find the truth these days using both hands and a sherpa guide. And I'm sure conservatives won't continue to wage war against women in the form of birth control denial.

Alligator Quotient: They brought their sleeping bags today. That can't be good.

No comments: