I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, November 22, 2012

A day of Thanksgiving

There's so much I complain about during the year, but there's so much I am thankful for. Including the opportunity to complain about things that aren't "not enough food, stomach clenching" or "rained last night while I was sleeping, now I'm soaked and cold".

But I am very thankful for all I have, which is considerable. Not just physical stuff, but also relationships. My family, my wife, but also all my friends, those I've known a long time and those I've just met. And all of you. I'm especially thankful that so many of you are still reading my little squib since it hasn't been much more than linkee-poos for over a year now.

I'm thankful that I'm still in relatively good health. The wii fit keeps pegging me in my mid 20s as a wii age. Thankful that a lot of things didn't turn out as bad as I originally thought they might.

So today, go out and hug those who are closest to you and let them know that no matter how much they miss piss you off sometimes, you're thankful they're there to do that.

No comments: