I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Linkee-poo, yesterday you were an only child

A quick, late linkee-poo. Still swamped at work. For the reboot, took our 3rd quiz today for Radiologic Principles and I scored 20 out of 20. That brings my overall class average to 94%, which is the lowest A. There's still 80 some points to be awarded in the class (finals in lecture and lab) for a total of 230 points overall. I'm not out of the woods, yet, but feeling much better about my performance.

Just in time for the end of NaNoWriMo, ten quick ways to tell if your first draft of a novel isn't worth salvaging. Remember, writing is more rewriting and editing than it is writing. Unless you're one of the blessed (which I ain't). (Grokked from Dr. Debra Doyle)

Everybody's a critic. Or, why you should always proof your work. Although, I do know how a Brid bucket would come in handy (and yeah, I'd buy one of those). (Pointed to by Dan)

The Oatmeal with the obvious difference between slow and no internet. Having suffered at 56k (which acted more like 44k) for way too long, oh yes, this. Although, given the crappy connection we have for DSL, sometimes "no internet" just means I need to reset my modem. So there's a moment of the "slow" before I get to "no." (Grokked from Xeni)

A Swedish toy reseller creates a gender-swapped catalog and people freak the fuck out. Good thing we live in an enlightened world, eh? (Grokked from Steven Gould)

North Korea is really that bad. In the West we can ignore The Hermit Kingdom when it's not shoved in our faces because they're launching a rocket or making big booms. But everyday, most of Asia must deal with their presence. And for the people of North Korea, it's a nightmare from which they can not wake.

Alligator Quotient: Eyeball high again, I see.

No comments: