I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday serendipity

This weekend I was looking forward to a little studying and a little writing. Just getting some notes down that I had scrabbled. Also catching up on some writing process reading I've been meaning to get to (have I mentioned I'm now approaching this advice like it was a college course, hmm, might have to write a post on that). I also had to work 8 hours on Saturday, but that was doable. There's no test this week (that I know of), so this was getting back to being a normal student instead of Lastminute Crambaby.

And then not one, but two clients needed rush work on Friday. One of which was a 15 minute thing (takes longer to bill than to do the work), but the other was 10 hours of layout that I asked for three weeks ago. But now it needs to be done right now.

So what did I learn this weekend? That google reader will cut off posts older than 30 days. That was the reading and note taking I wanted to do. I'm sure I can find it again, I'm just pissed.

So now I'm sitting here, waiting to register for Spring classes. If it was a normal day, I'd be on my way to school. Fortunately I no longer have an 8am class and by the time I'm finished, I can make it to the 9am classes.

I should be doing some of that writing stuff. However, when I write I lose track of time. And I can't do that today so I can get the lab times I want (and will make my life so much easier).

:: Anticipation, anticipa-a-tion is making me wait. ::

No comments: