I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Confusel Confusion Confabulated

Still here in Detroit. It's Sunday morning and things are a little muddled and and foggy. Conversions can be chimeric things. I've been attending Confusion for more years than I want to count this morning, and each year it's ever a little or a lot different. This year I had time to hang with friends, but not enough time with any of them,

We're in a new hotel and the flow, to me, seems a little off. The hotel is nice enough. Barcon, though, doesn't seem to work too well, yet. However there is a perfect ready made solution, but it would require some logistics finagling and a bit of work on the hotel. The actual bar space isn't very conducive to large, ranging parties. The configuration between convention space and sleeping rooms creates a bottleneck which isn't so much of a problem for the convention goers (actually I feel it's much better), but if there are any other guests in the hotel it could be awkward for them.

Actually just had lunch with some of the concom who are friends. My ideas aren't new and they might get the hotel to do them.

I didn't get to much of a chance to hang with the BNAs this year. That's okay as I enjoy hanging with all my friends. It's just one of those things where you say, "Aw, I didn't get much face time with...". It's also okay because of my own internal psychology of feeling like a poser.

On the plus side I did get to clarify the one issue I talked about before (inscription said one thing, thought it was a joke, but then didn't know and had a dream where it wasn't). Good to know it wasn't the bad side of that coin and I was correct in my initial assessment.

But they do want me to get serious about writing. So there's that.

About to head out. There were a few more panels I'd like to see. However my schedule waits for me. Just before I left Cleveland one of my freelance clients dropped off one of the big projects of the year. Now I need to find a way to fit that in.

Ohio here I come. Thanks, Confusion, for a nice weekend. Hopefully can see you next year.

No comments: