I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

We have a Popecicle

I love how all the news is a buzz with how Jorge Mario Bergoglio, Archbishop of Buenos Aires, chose the name of Francis I. And how that refers to Francis of Assisi and how that means he'll be adopting the mantle of a humble servant. But that's looking at a very small slice of St. Francis' life. You may remember the thing with the birds (which it's often told from the viewpoint of his love of animals and creation, and completely bypasses that it was an admonishment to the church).

But I guess the press has never heard of this guy. You know, the other St. Francis. My guess is they will by the end of the week (or maybe after mass on Sunday).

No comments: