I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Linkee-poo is late and short

I haven't even looked at my reading list since last Friday, so I'm sure there's a bunch out there. Unfortunately I still don't have time to look at it. So here's just a few links.

This year looks like the worst one for measles in a long time. Like since before vaccines.

Sure, you may have snuck in your kid's bedroom to slip their baby teeth out from under the pillow and slid in a quarter (what, are we up to $1 coins now?). But, could you have done the same thing with a pneumatic tube system? I think not. (Grokked from Dan)

Calvin and Muad'Dib. No words. (Grokked from John)

The scourge of Mt. Dew mouth. Sure, all that sugar water, it has no effect at all.

Janiece talks about something that has been bothering me since about the mid 90s. The military has become a "class" of people, instead of a citizens military (the fantasies of a select few whackaloons non-withstanding).

See something, say something. What could go wrong? The ACLU pulls the suspicious activity reports from the FBI. Sure, nothing to see here.

You know all those people who keep saying how government can't affect business or the economy? Sure they can't, unless it's the Indian economy. Or our own stock markets.

No comments: