I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekend Linkee-poo remembers a day

Sorry, things are light today. Still way too much work to keep reading. The to be read list still hovers around 600 posts. It doesn't get much smaller than that these days.

The reboot is going. Things have kinda hit the skids since I've been put into rotation at an outpatient facility. And although Friday was very busy (with people coming in waves, and I mean BIG waves), but not seeing things I need. Although I did get to do two more skulls last week. I like skull work, have I mentioned that. So what I have left is 2 C-Spines (with obliques), Facial Bones, Manible, and my Terminal (3 routines, above knee and elbow). I need one more recheck for this semester. Still have 5 weeks to get it all. Still feel nervous even though it's a light schedule for clinicals. Classes, now that's another thing. I'll be in Cincinnati early in April for the OSRT conference defending my poster and probably playing pickup in the Academic Challenge rounds. But still a lot of material to get through and then there's the registry exam to prepare for. No pressure, justly future livelihood on the line.

Hope things are going well for you all.

Neil Gaiman talks about ghost stories and why they appeal to us.

There's this joke about flood waters rising and a guy praying for God to save him that ends with him in front of the Almighty who asks, "I sent you a truck, a boat, and a helicopter, what were you waiting for." Keep that in mind as you read this story about a guy suing his rescuers. Of course it's not about ingratitude, I'm sure it's about his $40,000 medical bills. "What is really awful is that Roy Ortiz has such high medical bills that he had to find a lawyer and initiate the process of filing suit against (the people who rescued him). Yet more proof that our health care system is in dire need of further reform." (Grokked from Matt Staggs)

I'm sure you've also heard about how wonderful working in the tech industry is. Yea, not so much. "Confidential internal Google and Apple memos… clearly show that what began as a secret cartel agreement between Apple’s Steve Jobs and Google’s Eric Schmidt to illegally fix the labor market for hi-tech workers, expanded within a few years to include companies ranging from Dell, IBM, eBay and Microsoft, to Comcast, Clear Channel, Dreamworks, and London-based public relations behemoth WPP. All told, the combined workforces of the companies involved totals well over a million employees." Still believe in the level playing field? (Grokked from Morgan J Locke)

Quote of the day: “A writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.” — Thomas Mann

Tweet of my heart: @jchutchins For my writer peeps: KEEP CALM — TYPE TK AND CARRY ON pic.twitter.com/5ampXgCyIg

No comments: