I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, October 27, 2014

It's so easy when you know the rules

I'm not sure if this happens to other people, but I tend to have some song playing in my head throughout most of what I do. Usually it's a phrase or two, but often the entire song plays. Some days I wake up with a song in my head and it just stays there the whole day. Here's the song that greeted me this morning (and for those who want to say, "We'll you're impressionable as you wake so it's probably what's on the radio as you become conscious", well, I use the buzzer setting on the alarm to wake up).



Growing up, kids used to say, "I want to sing/play guitar/play bass/play drums like," and insert whomever happens to be popular at the time. I've always wanted to have Freddie's range and control. Man that guy could sing.

The good thing about this is that I've always listened to a wide range of music so on any given day rock, country, classical, folk, or almost anything could be playing in my skull. So at least there's variety.

1 comment:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

Freddie Mercury -- whatta voice.

I usually have a soundtrack playing in my head. Doesn't everyone?

Dr. Phil