I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Linkee-poo, one’s the devil, one keeps driving me insane, at times I wonder if they ain’t both the same

Puts on Ned Stark costume, looks broodingly at camera, "NaNoWriMo is coming."

Sometimes, senior, the bull no lose.

A newly discovered large asteroid is going to make a flyby on Halloween. What could possibly go wrong (cue the "Armageddon" soundtrack)? (Grokked from Stewart Sternberg)

The burn churches, don't they?

So, how did that whole "student builds a clock, gets called a terrorist" thing work out? Gee, he's going to a country that 1) probably won't throw him in jail for being smart while brown and 2) actually offers to support his dream of going into science. Boy, I hope he has good memories of Texas. You know, to hold him over as Qatar pays for his advanced education in STEM while Texas likes to keep the whole "Darwin Was Wrong" flag flying. I know conservatives will love this story, but we just lost an asset because they were being asshats. Also, Qatar believes in him so much, the whole family is going. Put that in your "we have to reduce Pell Grant" pipe and smoke it.

Paul Ryan says he'll be speaker if everyone agrees that he's the person to unit the GOP in congress. Paul Ryan wants to be The One. Sorry, Paul, leadership doesn't work that way. "Hey everybody, agree I'm right and that you'll do what I say, and then I'll lead you." Nope, that's not leadership. Leadership is to bring all those factions to the table and convince them your direction is the right one and then bring them on board with it. That's leadership.

Larry Wilmore on gun violence.

I guess the Trumpster never really read Playboy for the articles. Who wants to bet he does an interview next week, just like his boycotts of Fox News.

Tweet of my heart: @BillKristol @adesnik @DouthatNYT No objective evidence Empire was "evil." A liberal regime w meritocracy, upward mobility. Neocon/reformicon in spirit.

You know, sometimes I think I'm being mean by banging on conservatives so much. And then something like that happens and I realize I've been too easy and nice about it.

No comments: