I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Linkee-poo drags a comb across it's head

I'm always fond of creating news words and phrases. Here's the latest: PHS, professional hemorrhoid syndrome - a condition resulting from pulling content out of one's ass too many times.

I've been so busy, I almost forgot to remind you about the Judgement Day. (edit they originally said March 21 - I think there's a billboard on I-76 east of Akron with that date, I'll have to check) I set my iCal so I'd have the popcorn ready.

Dean Wesley Smith on traditional vs indie publishing. (Grokked from Jay Lake) The "Eilser Decision" they're talking about (Grokked from John Scalzi).

I love me some information graphics, here's one about theories of consciousness. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

I believe this is the very definition of "whitewash." The new Republican Governor of Maine "requests" the State Department of Labor remove a mural and change the names of their conference rooms. Yeah, this has nothing to do with the move to reduce labor rights and introduce "right to work" legislation in Maine.

Here's an interesting take on politics, a blind taste test of sorts. Remove the names of parties in control and give the statistics, then ask people to pick the A, B, C or D party. Strange how that works. (also grokked from Jay Lake)

2 comments:

WendyB_09 said...

Yeah, this has nothing to do with the move to reduce labor rights and introduce "right to work" legislation in Maine.

Oh, like it's really worked so well in other states like GEORGIA!

Idiots.

nountab: English department's bar bill

Steve Buchheit said...

WendyB, it's got nothing to do with reality, but with ideological perception and class warfare.