I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Linkee-poo is working it's adenoids to the bones

Working like a mad man down here in Florida. Taking my moments to surface, walk around, and take sips of the internet.

The Ferrett talks about slush reading over at Shimmer.

I have a lot of thoughts regarding both the disasters in Japan (quakes and resulting tsunami) and the ensuing nuclear issues, but not enough time to get them out. If you want some good information and perspective, I suggest Catherine Shaffer's blog. And here I'll end with my two observations earlier today, I'm feeling distinctly like Zaphod Beeblebrox in "Young Zaphod Plays It Safe." (That link, BTW, is copyright infringement) Also, the Japanese are saying this is not a Chernobyl or a Three Mile Island. And their correct. In the future we will call this a "Fukushima." And finally, I think we can pretty well kiss the nuclear power renaissance good night, especially if we end up with a large nuclear fire/explosion (no, it won't go off like an atom bomb, and it won't Chernobyl, but they can't confirm the water level in a spent fuel pond - very bad).

Another way that spending a little, saves a lot. I don't think most people know that Right-To-Life also has platforms on no birth control, no family planning, and no sex education. They know if they pushed it, they would lose a good percentage of their support. Maybe they've over played their hand with this Congress. I doubt it, but I can also hope. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

2 comments:

Rick said...

Florida- you dog, you! Enjoy the sun!

Steve Buchheit said...

Rick, well, I didn't get to see much of it.