I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Linkee-poo warms up by singing "Solidarity Forever"

Fellow VPer Miranda Suri is looking for help titling her book. I seem to remember coming up with a title at VP13, Miranda. It would have a catchy cover, at least, but I'm sure you're going for a different market.

Jay Lake pontificates and elucidates on his writing process in what will be a multi post discussion on the progress of the writer.

I think I ranted a long time ago about the drive to use GPS in everything and how vulnerable that would make us. Well, wait no longer. Yep, a $30 jammer box and things go haywire. Remember how the new air traffic control system uses only GPS? What could go wrong? (Grokked from Dan)

The left seems to be realizing that infographics speak louder than words. That's one comparing the cuts in the house bill (defeated in the Senate) and the cost of the tax breaks given out to the rich. (Grokked from Tobias Buckell)

I'm truly getting tired of elected politicians going through the "Whoops, I got caught, I'll pay the money back," routine.

And just before I forget to say it, what the Wisconsin Senate did yesterday, stripping out all the budget and financial language in their union busting bill, pretty much gives the lie to that these changes need to be made to get control of expenses/deficits. What happened is they said, "We're tired of this, we'll end the charade (because we're going to take the hard hit anyway)." And, yes, I'm sure this fund raiser has been planned "for a long time" but it certainly does smack of both a victory lap and "thanks for the work, here's your pay."

No comments: