I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

In darkest wintertime

After dithering for half a year, and thinking about it everyday since Halloween, I've signed up for Confusion.

To say I'm looking forward to it is like saying a drowning man looks forward to their next breath of air. Only three more weeks of classes and I can get back to writing. Even tonight I banged out 750 words (fairly good ones) on the "NotTheRightWIP" project. I've been preparing myself to switch from the "study or work until 10pm everyday" to "work and write until 10pm everyday". Okay, well, maybe not every day (because, frankly, I'm burnt and need sleep and to get chores done), but a good deal of them. And given that 750 words was in 30 minutes as I was eating salad, I'm obviously chomping at the bit.

3 comments:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

Yay!

Dr. Phil

Elizabeth said...

Oh hey, I need to do that as well. Thanks for the reminder.

Steve Buchheit said...

I'm still nervous about giving up all the weekend, and the day thing still hasn't approved my time off, but like Dr. Phil said - Yay!

No worries Elizabeth. I just didn't wait too long and then pay the penalty.

For me this is another one of those moments where the question comes down to "am I going to be a writer or not." And "If I am, I would find a way to do this."