I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, November 12, 2012

Linkee-poo will stand, stand by you

Jay Lake's CEA levels are elevated. Fuck cancer.

The state of the art of typesetting circa 1977. I started in design almost a decade later and I recognize all of those. They were still in vogue back in the 80s. And when you learn type that way 1) you know it a little better than the kids do these days (a common thing with the advancement of technology) and 2) I really, really, really damn well appreciate typesetting on a Mac. If I ever have to go back to hand cutting lines of type to kern, I might have to kill myself.

I'm sure there's nothing to this graphic showing longer election poll station wait times for Democrats and minority voters specifically. No, I'm sure there's some other reason than the attempt to disenfranchise these voters.

"On Thursday… radio host Michael Graham told Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly that President Barack Obama scared voters by claiming that women would be 'forced into rape camps' under the Republican presidential nominee." WTF? Seriously, when did that happen? 'Cause I must have missed that memo or briefing. If the right ever wants to know why the left believe they have become uncoupled with reality, just examine that statement. Michael Graham, it's time to contact your doctor because the meds you're on aren't stopping the hallucinations and feelings of persecution. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

I mean, the delusions just keep coming. Like this one about how in the wake of Sandy, nobody is asking for wind generators and solar but fossil fueled generators which proves that nobody needs all that green energy stuff. Sigh. Yeah, wind generated pumping power is so totally out of the realm of reality that nobody would ever want it. I bet all those people in Holland are feeling really stupid right now. Robert Bryce at the Manhattan Institute, that you're in a "think tank" only goes to show the detriment of affirmative action for idiots. (Grokked from Paolo Bacigalupi)

Memo to the Right Wing: Women know you've got their back. The snark is great. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

And it's time we start doing this. Peter Morrison, treasurer of the Hardin County Republican Party and newsletter writer, you are a traitor and un-American. You deserve neither your position or the title "American" or "Patriot." Please self-deport at your earliest opportunity.

Alligator Quotient: Alligators have learned to telecommute.

2 comments:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

The yearbook (Syllabus) and the newspaper (The Daily Northwestern) at NU was a Compugraphic shop in 1977. I adored those machines. We had an early model dedicated as a headliner.

Changing fonts was fun. For 1977.

Dr. Phil

Steve Buchheit said...

Dr. Phil, those old machines were the greatest, but I've got to admit that I like the film processing machine for the radiology courses. I don't need to do anything to it other than turn on the water and feed the film in (of course, the prof does more set up, but only once a semester he tells us). A lot better than having tip trays and having to mix chemicals.