I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Linkee-poo to close out a weekend

One of these days, I want a real weekend. I want to have two days in a row where I can sleep in, and don't have to be anywhere. On the plus side, got a 100% on the second test in Sectional Anatomy II ((85+100)/2 = 92.5 = A). Will find out grade on second test in CT Physics this Tuesday (not all that worried about this one). But before then I have a 2 page report to write. Another couple of days at the day thing. Somethings I feel I'm getting ahead on, lots of things getting left behind. Sigh.

When the phenomena of the "Fairy Door" goes too far. Their like dandelions, let one go and soon your yard is full of them. (Grokked from Tor.com)

You know how I say that the pro-life movement isn't ant-abortion, they're actually anti-sexual revolution? That's because they are, and they're coming for your birth control. (Grokked from the Slactivist)

"(S)ources within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice confirmed Thursday that they now regret wasting doses of pancuronium bromide on innocent prisoners in 1997, 2000, and 2004." Why the Onion is very good at what they do. (Grokked from Robert J Bennett)

But they support him in email. Um, no, James Knowles III, Mayor of Ferguson, it's time to go. I appreciate the part-timeness of the job. I was a "part-time" councilman for 9 years. When I left I was paid less that you are (and that was after a struggle to double our pay). I understand how somethings can slip by you, especially recent happenings. But after being involved with council and being mayor and the length of time the city has been bilking its residents, if you didn't grok what was going on, you should leave on account of just that. Cluelessness on that level has no place inlace politics. Consider yourself lucky that Missouri doesn't have their own version of the Hatch Act (who knows, IANAL, they might). As a citizen, if your desire is to help transition the city into the civil rights of the 1970s, there are ways to be of service, but not in elected office. Here is your sword, sir. Time for the fall.

No comments: