I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, November 12, 2009

This is not my large automobile... well, how did I get here

Last night I realized that I had more books from the library, taken out at different time, than I've had done since I was like 11. It's not the most I've taken out (once checked out six audio books). But one day I took out "Rough Guide to Fantasyland." Then on another day I checked out "The Novels of Dashiell Hammett" (It had "Red Harvest" which is what I wanted to read). Then last night I picked up "Tokyo Vice" for research (after hearing an interview with the author on Fresh Air and it seemed good research material for the WIP) and while I was there they had a Jim Butcher audiobook and I checked that out as well. And there are three other books on my hold list.

With the varied things going on, what I had down to less than 150 blog posts in the RSS folder, I'm now back near four hundred. I'm sorry I'm not commenting as often as I used to on all your blogs, but I am trying to read all your interesting thoughts. Also there have been plenty of very long discussions of the Ft. Hood shootings that I've spent too long going through.

And the house thing, this might be the last good weekend to do anything outdoors. I'm building a new Xmas display piece (more later). I have a new digital thermostat to install (oh, I've wanted one for years, nothing like getting cold, tapping the old mercury style thermostat and then hear the furnace kick on immediately). I also need to scrub the bathrooms (my poor long suffering wife, how does she put up with me).

And now to spend the last few minutes of lunch doing the WIP stuff.

No comments: