I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Listen, do you smell that?

The maddening of the crowds.

No, I really can't explain. Just go and watch the embedded video.

Okay, I can explain a little. It seems the vuvuzela has become that thing in our culture that everybody hates. Except those that have them.

It's the adult version of the noisy Xmas Toy. Starts out charming, but then add a few hundred of them together, and a child's intensity to do the same thing over, and over (and over…)… well, you get the picture.

And as I said when Apple released Quicktime 5 which also became the standard for MP4. The revolution has begun, and it will be streamed live.

Add in the somewhat envious contempt some quarters hold for the Lord of the RIng movies (even though they all own both the theatrical box set and the extended versions) and this is the result.

If you're not giggling inside by the time of the Moria footage (or at least suffering from internal eye-rolling of epic proportions), I'm not sure we can be friends. Surely, you laughed at the Rivendale footage.

4 comments:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

Damn you, you made me click on that link. (giggles)

Dr. Phil

Steve Buchheit said...

Sorry, Dr. Phil. But you did it to me first. :)

Anonymous said...

And I'm a sucker for wikipedia links.

Steve Buchheit said...

Glad I could feed your obsession, then, Camille.