I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, June 4, 2010

Submission Friday

Damn it, missed picking up an Honorable Mention in the Geauga Parks District Nature Writers Poetry Contest. That is, I won the position, but completely forgot that tonight was the ceremony. Bad writer, no cookie.

To do penance, I did a quick rewrite (adding weirdness up front) to "A History of Lightning" and then sent it off to Apex Magazine.

And sent "Prince Wanted" off to Bard and Sages Quarterly.

And updated the bragging rights.

And now I'm wondering if I should just count the submissions I haven't heard from in over a year as dead, and resubmit elsewhere.

2 comments:

sheila said...

Congrats on the award!

Which poem did you submit for the contest?

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, Sheila. It's was a new one I wrote specifically for the contest call "Wood in Winter."