I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Submission Saturday

Okay, checking up on some old submissions and I find I've killed another market. Doorways seems to be down for the count. Sigh. Okay, well, then, we're going to look at things I haven't heard anything back on for a year or more and submit.

So, "Rag-a-Bag" is off to Andromeda Spaceways.

"What the Sea Sends" is off to Strange Horizons.

And finally Daddy's Little Girl is off to Clarkesworld. Why, because I like my rejection like I like my alcohol addition. Quick and painful. Or, something like that.

edit Damn, just checked and I'm already #62 at Clarkesworld. And yes, I am just that neurotic. Thank you internet for being an enabler.

2 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

Keep on trying, that's all we can do.

I like sites that give a queue or status update. Makes the oncoming reply that much more exciting. Or at least I get the sense that someone somewhere is doing something with the submissions.

Steve Buchheit said...

Yes it does. Although it also feeds the neuroticism of "OMG, what are they doing with it. What does it mean that the numbers go slow/fast."

For me, I usually remember to check just about the time I get the rejection.