I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Come, let's mix where Rockefellers walk with sticks

Received my first stock distribution check, evar! Oh sure, my mutual funds pay out some, but that's all plowed back into buying new shares. Thanks, GW Bush, for the stock crash of 2009. Because companies made record profits, those investments kept paying their dividends (some even increased), but because of the low stock prices, I was able to score quite a few extra shares because of that confluence. Also, hey, thanks TP for forcing the congress to extend the Bush Era Tax Cuts, which lowers capital gains rates. I now won't pay much tax on that check.

Okay, well, it was $13.15. But it's the principle of the thing, right?

Also, as I said on IM this morning, I know for certain that the heath care reform act isn't a government takeover of the health industry, and that the reforms won't drive insurance companies into the dust bin of history, because the stock that paid out was my Wellpoint shares. And in the past two years the stock price has doubled.

No comments: