There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Linkee-poo PLAY BALL!

In regards to my post about the show going on, apparently the lunatic fringe believes it shouldn't now that the Democrats in the Senate may be able to filibuster. Gov. Kasich proves he didn't get the memo. And while he gave himself a technical out (no, the Senate won't vote on ratification, only on disapproval, if it gets to that), oh please, Louie Gohmert, don't throw us in that briar patch!

And, hey, look, someone must read my blog. There's talk of a lawsuit against the Iran deal. Of course, "'I've talked to a number of attorneys, and all the folks I've talked to on that legal strategy [say] that we will not be successful in court,' Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA) told reporters Thursday after the Boehner press conference."

"Avoid being jealous of other people’s success. It will never help you achieve the things you want. Focus on your own growth, not a scale set against someone else’s achievements or timeline… Does that sound obvious? It doesn’t matter. You still need to hear it. I still need to hear it." Can I get an Amen?! I can't tell you how many times I've seen the success of others, even some I consider my friends, and have felt that green monster rise up and try and take over my head. Sometimes he succeeds. I'm not proud of that. (Grokked from Kameron Hurley)

Of great interest to everyone who has DMed, how to draw a map. This appears to be a great site (I haven't had time to explore it all, but pretty damn good so far). (Grokked from BoingBoing)

"Son?" "Dad?!" A private investigator hired to catch a cheating wife, finds said wife cheating, with the investigator's teen-aged son. Yea, that's going to be an awkward Thanksgiving dinner.

Long known, but now with new information from ground penetrating radar, the Stonehenge site is a part of a much larger complex of monuments. And, whenever I think of Stonehenge nowadays, Eddie Izzard suddenly appears in my head. "And the area of Salbury Plain where they built is is very 'ahhhahhhahhahhahooohahaha'." (Grokked from Mrs. Tadd)

"For decades, researchers have debated and argued about the long-term benefits of preschool, with little consensus." Well, mostly when it comes to spending public money on preschool for low-income kids. Outside of that, yea, everybody thinks preschool is a great way of getting a headstart to a quality, successful education.

Muslim flight-attendant refused to serve alcohol and is fired. No word yet when Mikee Huckleberries will visit her. Rest of the religious rights group oddly silent. He was actually asked directly about it. But punted. Wrong answer, Mikee.

No comments: