I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, November 26, 2006

How I Wasted Time This Weekend

I installed the outside solstice decorations, and helped my neighbor install his. His side of the road is "inflatable seasons" and my side is "pastoral deer park."

I need to relamp one deer. After patching three wire breaks the head still wouldn't light. Tomorrow we'll see about upgrading to LED bulbs. I mean it needs all new lights for the head at least.

We also put up the new tree. My it's a biggin. Nine feet tall, and call me crazy, even though it was pre-lit I added lights to the center. You can almost read by the light it throws.

I also did tickets for the Ruritans, and invoices for the past month (it was a busy month for design work).

All that says that I procrastinated on writing as much as possible. I did get about 400 more words on the Pirate Story done. This week looks to be busy as well, so I'll have plenty of opportunity for procrastination.

No comments: