There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Steve's crazy life

Hey, sorry things are getting off schedule. I am very far behind in my internets reading because of, you know, real life getting all uppity and demanding my time and everything. We're starting clinicals this week. Was supposed to have orientation yesterday, but that didn't happen. We go in for the real all day thing on Friday (don't expect a linkee-poo on Fridays for the rest of the semester, I doubt I will have any time at all as my clinical site is a busy hospital, not the busiest, but still damn busy - hopefully I can make it up to you with a longer Weekend Edition).

Anyway, I'm severely discombobulated right at the moment. If it weren't for the fact I labeled them with a sharpie this past weekend, I wouldn't know my ass from a hole in the ground. Just saying. Or, if you like, I'm busier than a man trapped in a phone booth with a cougar. The furry kind. Wait, no, I mean the animal. Yeah. Didn't want you all to think I was writing the 51st shade of grey right then.

Did I also mention that next week is cumulative mid-term exams? And we've just finished both chest, abdomen, KUB (kidneys, ureter, bladder) and upper extremities? All of that is going to be on the test, including being able to visually identify the carpals (your wrist bones)… individually (i.e. "here's a bone, which on is this?").

So now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to studying. Let's see, the hand bone is connected to the arm bone… but really that's the distal phalanges are connected to the middle phalanges by the distal interphalangeal joint (or dip), except for phalanges one (which is your thumb). Oh, doesn't that sound fun? Just wait until I get to talking about subacromial bone spurs and knowing which projection shows them better (Neer, if you're curious, I think, although it may be a Lawrence, but I'm pretty sure it's not a West Point, nobody does West Point projections anymore… they tell us).

No comments: