I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Linke-poo all the time in the world, not

Sorry, not much. Haven't been able to keep up with the readings, and some of these are getting stale. So time to hit the publish button.

Noted here the passing of Frederik Pohl. Mr. Pohl was the first bonafide BNA I ever met, some 20 years before I made it a point to met BNAs. I remember his excellent t-shirt, painted with a star-scape. I'm sorry Mr. Pohl, I didn't recognize you, but then at the time I never thought I could actually met a star from the firmament and shake their hands.

Random Michelle's Labor Day post.

Hey, this is one way to totally fuck-over your brand. The new Yahoo logo designed over a weekend with the CEO working in illustrator. Yea, I've been on projects like that. (Pointed to by John)

Jay Lake feels the dark side of our public (and corporate) policy. Or, basically, in this country, if you want any sort of benefit, even from your private insurance, first you must prove you're totally an invalid and/or destitute. I have experience with this through Ohio Unemployment. Any money (any) you make from any source is automatically deducted from your unemployment, unless you fail to report (which is a crime on its own). So when conservatives start yapping about how easy "these people" using benefits "have it", I just want to smack them upside the head.

Being on the right or wrong side of history is often difficult to see in the moment. Although, really, the right side of history is always toward the path of more freedom, more rights to pursue life, liberty, and happiness, and acknowledging the humanity of people.

Tweets of my heart (this time multiple from the same person): @RBReich The American social contract: 1. No one who works full time should live in poverty.

‏@RBReich The American social contract 2: Everyone should have an opportunity to make the most of their talents and intelligence.

‏@RBReich The American social contract 3: No individual or group should enjoy special political privilege based on the size of their wallets.

‏@RBReich The American social contract 4: Anyone who becomes sick, injured, or impoverished through no fault of their own deserves a helping hand.

No comments: