I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, May 2, 2014

Linkee-poo think maybe manager wanna write god-damn login page himself

Mer Haskell is giving away a lot of cool stuff, including things other than her books. I say that because her books are cool stuff all by themselves. Although I guess I've gotta get a tumblr account now.

Short history here. I joined Facebook because of Mer. In the first week of being on Facebook I received a friend request from my former fiancée (from a long time ago). So, I don't know where this is going to lead me, Mer, but I just may have to join another social network now. Again. Whatever.

So you say you have a book or story out and you're developing a little bit of a following. Here are seven things your fiction fans want to hear you say. (Grokked from Stewart Sternberg)

Police are called to the scene in Meridian, Idaho because people were distributing (for free) a "banned book" to high school students. Only to find, there's nothing against the law about people reading books they disagree with. (Grokked from Alex C. Renwick) Using a liquid metal alloy to help transfer neural impulses while waiting for neurons to regrow. Cool, but, um, that wasn't Robocop, that was the T2. Also, "and since it’s metal, it can be easily removed with the help of an x-ray", what? X-rays don't work that way. (Grokked from Morgan J Locke)

NASA's new space suit design. Ummm… (Grokked from Saladin Ahmed)

"Fox News was the least accurate; 72 percent of its 2013 climate science-related segments contained misleading statements. CNN was in the middle, with about a third of segments featuring misleading statements. MSNBC was the most accurate, with only eight percent of segments containing misleading statements." But in the good news, Fox is actually getting more accurate. (Grokked from Dan)

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Or, Fox News leaves the presidential press conference because they were only talking about "Russia and Ukraine, U.S.-Germany relations, National Security Agency spying and the recent botched execution in Oklahoma" and not Benghazi. And frankly, I'm really glad that Speaker Boehner is setting up a select committee to look into Benghazi. Because it typically takes 3 reports that contradict conservative talking points before they'll shut up about it. We've already had two reports (by conservative lead committees which found nothing). But here's the thing, I want all these conservatives to put up the cash this extra investigation will require. Because I really don't want to have my taxes pay for it.

But then I'm sure they aren't renewing the beating of the dead horse that is trumped up Benghazi conspiracy theories because 1) they realize they've lost the Obamacare argument or 2) the economy continues to heal despite their recalcitrance to do anything about it.

1 comment:

Mer said...

Oh! You don't have to join Tumblr, Steve, I think I just have to allow anon posting. Duh.