There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Scenes from a Commute, election day edition


6:45am, and there's a line. There's never a line (or at least never when I've voted). I actually had to wait 5 minutes to get a booth. But, on the plus side, we had 2 new poll workers who looked to be in their twenties. Thanks for volunteering. No one hanging outside, no poll watchers inside. But then my village is majority white, so we're not one of "those" communities as some idiot put it.



No cell phone usage permitted in polling place. So back in the car. Duty done. Now comes the hard work.



Edit forgot to mention, I cast the 30th vote at my polling place. In many elections, that's how many vote the entire day.

No comments: